The other night I had a sudden urge to make something very yummy (preferable made of chocolate) and my mom completely agreed. So I found myself searching for a recipe on allrecipes.com for chocolate lava cakes. I had wanted to make these for quite a while and soon I found a recipe where we had all the ingredients on hand.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Butter and flour four 4 ounce ramekins or custard cups (or skip all that and use 9-10 cupcake liners like I did).
- Finely chop the chocolate. In the top half of a double boiler set over simmering water, heat the butter until almost melted then add chocolate. Stir until almost completely melted.
- Beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together until light colored and thick.
- Beat together the melted chocolate and butter. While beating, slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, then quickly beat in the flour and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the four molds or 9-10 cupcake liners and bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 6 to 7 minutes. The centers of the cakes will still be quite soft. Invert cakes on serving plates and let sit for about 15 seconds, then unmold, or peel off wrapper. Serve immediately with fresh whipped cream and raspberry, if desired.
Keep Eating... Maddie