My sister got recently baptized and in celebration I made Salt Lake Temple Cookies. We don't actually live near that particular temple, but it is the most recognizable.
Anyway, I used Bake at 350's yummy almond roll out sugar cookies. It's a great recipe, and they don't use five cups of flour like most sugar cookie recipes. Plus they taste delicious. Here is how I frosted them:
You will need:
- very light gray icing
- white icing
- sky blue icing
- several small piping tips (I used #2 wilton)
- piping pags
- print out a tiny picture of the temple and cut the outline
- lay it on the cookie and pipe the temple edges and turrets (in gray icing)
- let it dry a bit and
- fill the temple (in white icing)
- let it dry a bit and fill in the sky
- add Moroni while the blue us still wet
- pipe the Temple's details
- eat the cookies
Most of the temples each had their own design, until I found one that I liked. I made the rest like that. WARNING: These take forever to pipe! The details take 5 minutes per cookie!
It was worth it. We had a great time eating these at the barbecue that followed the baptism.